World Parks Academy Certified Parks Professional International (CPPI)
The World Parks Academy offers a unique international credential for senior-level professionals who operate in an international environment, the CPP-I. The CPP-I is awarded to senior professionals who meet a number of internationally-focused competencies through their qualifications, training and experience. Attending an international conference workshop is also a component. Applications are now open at the World Parks Academy.
To be eligible and be awarded CPP-I under the standard process the following is required:
1. Currently holds:
a. Recognized professional certification from a national, state, or international organization that is recognised by the World Parks Academy, OR
- b. CPP designation directly from the World Parks Academy
2. Has Two or more years as a World Urban Parks “Professional Membership” designation; and
3. Has Four years of park management experience, with two at the Senior Professional level (e.g., supervisor, consultant, senior planner); and
4. Completes a competency self-assessment and is assessed as meeting at least 3 of the 4 CPPI Competencies (see diagram below); and
5. Attends a World Urban Parks - World Parks Academy Workshop.
Note that where competencies are not fully met an Individual Development Plan can be developed with the applicant to achieve competency through further experience or training within three years.