IFPRA Japan 30th Anniversary & World Urban Parks Japan 5th Anniversary World Urban Parks Japan International Symposium 2021 - The Role of Open Spaces to Enrich Our Life in "New Normal"
May 19, 2021
We are honoured to organise an international symposium that celebrates the 30th anniversary of IFPRA＊ Japan and the 5th anniversary of World Urban Parks Japan.
In the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have witnessed drastic changes in our social lives, with an emerging movement to seek out a new society and new ways of living. Such transformations have also prompted us to newly appreciate the value of parks and green areas in the public domain.
Based on these circumstances, the symposium will discuss what changes might affect the current state of public parks and other green areas and how we should shape future urban policy, in order to provide useful insights for both Japan and abroad from a broad range of perspectives.
＊IFPRA: International Federation of Parks and Recreation Administration
Sessions & Speakers
- the Revitalization of Minneapolis and Pittsburgh Parks - Jayne Miller, Chair of World Urban Parks
- Living Space - From the Perspective of daily Life and the Environment - Shin Yamada
- What if your city was a National Park City? - Dan Raven-Ellison
- Enhancing urban resilience through green infrastructure - Utilizing green capital towards local community capacity building - Rumi Sato
- Panel: The Role of Open Spaces to Enrich Our Life in "New Normal" - Fujio Hirata, Tsutomu Bessho, Ryu Ono, Jayne Miller, & Rumi Sato